Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Whole cranberry sauce


Ever since I was a girl, in my family we have made cranberry sauce from the same recipe:

1 bag cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water

You let the water come to a simmer, add the sugar and stir it about so it can dissolve, and then add the cranberries, bringing them to a soft boil until most of the berries have "popped."

This cranberry sauce has a very nice consistency. Not only is it good as a side dish with turkey, chicken and cornish game hens, but you can use it on toast instead of jelly, as it has the consistency of a preserve. And cranberries are high in antioxidants, so...eat lots and enjoy them! Tomorrow I will use it in a sour cream coffee cake I am baking and sharing with my Mom. Will post a picture. In the meantime, check out the finished product - homemade cranberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment