Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sour cream coffee cake - take two




I decided to share this cake recipe again; it is that good. I made another one today and I'm posting pictures of the finished product and the process of "building" the cake. You put half the batter in the buttered pan (ideally you have a non-stick bundt pan) and put your nuts on top, then some cinnamon. Then cover it with the rest of the batter. It turns out so pretty. You can sprinkle powdered sugar over the top but I think it's fine au natural. I also included a picture of the bowl I made the cake in, you can see that with my new spatula (courtesy of Target) the bowl is super clean and I got all the batter out. Efficiency! But really, you have to make this cake.
Sour cream coffee cake:
1 c butter
1 1/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c sour cream
2 c flour (I use a tad less)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 handfull of chopped pecans and a sprinkling of cinnamon for the middle of the cake
Or, you can use a bit of brown sugar in the middle, this is nice too.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and beat. Add dry ingredients and combine. Put half of you batter in the bundt pan (greased or greased and floured if not nonstick) and cover with nuts and cinnamon. Then put the rest of the batter on top.
This bakes at 350 for 60 minutes. Let cool for 30 and remove from pan.
You can see the finished product is gorgeous! It is moist and perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment