Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sour cream coffee cake with...cranberries!




Isn't this a pretty cake?


I have a new work schedule these days but my sleeping clock hasn't adjusted quite yet...so I'm up early on a Saturday morning. What to do, but bake? It's much preferred to doing laundry.

Sour cream coffee cake with cranberries

1 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup cranberry sauce

Let your butter soften from the refrig - I like to take out all of the cold ingredients about 1-2 hours before I bake. Beat your wet ingredients and add the dry. Beat to combine, then turn out 1/2 mixture into a greased bundt pan (I find nonstick works best). Spread your cranberries over the mixture and cover with remaining batter.

This cake bakes at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I like it for breakfast. It's also good for snacking. I typically don't discriminate. Mmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment