Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

What's for lunch - skirt steak with cilantro/tomato salsa

This turned out really yummy. Make yourself a skirt steak today!

I have one skirt steak left from the package of three I bought last weekend at Food City. I couldn't believe my good fortune. These steaks are really lean, and three came in the package, I paid less than $5.00 and it was just under a pound.

Skirt steaks cook very quickly, 2 minutes on each side tops (maybe a few more minutes if you want them more done than medium rare). I heat the pan to medium high and sprinkle one side of the steak with kosher salt, no oil is needed.

For lunch I cooked the last one and served it with white rice on the side and a mock salsa (since I didn't have jalapeños) made with cilantro, lemon juice and tomatoes.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment