These macaroons are simple to make and according to Jason, really tasty.
Disclaimer: he hasn't tried mine (yet).
I made these for Jason's birthday, which is Thursday. They smell really good. And I'm not a big fan of coconut.
Note: I bought the coconut (x 2) at Food City in small 2 oz packages under the brand "El Guapo." They cost about 79 cents each. I didn't have any vanilla but I needed it anyways for a future baking project - scones, probably, so it wasn't a big deal to buy it.
Coconut Macaroons by:
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.