Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Tortilla Española


Jason came over for dinner tonight and I made a tortilla Española. He is very funny, intelligent and a lover of fine films, as am I.
I am thankful to have him in my life, as he makes it more joyful.

I digress. My version of this omelet is made with 6 eggs, 2 large baking potatoes, 1 large white onion and olive oil. You can also add a green pepper to this, or spinach, or chorizo.

I microwaved the potatoes for 7 1/2 minutes after poking them with a fork and wrapping them in paper towels.

Then I heated the olive oil and added the onion, in chunks, and the potatoes, cut in large cubes. Everything cooked together under cover on medium for about 5 minutes. Next I added the eggs, let the bottom firm up - about 2 minutes, and then flipped it and gave it another 2 minutes. You will get better at flipping them the more you do them. Don't feel bad if the first time yours comes out funny looking. It will still be delicious!

We had a salad on the side with a simple vinaigrette and some spicy salami from Niccoli's deli. The bread is courtesy of Bluewater Grille. And we enjoyed piquillo peppers, courtesy of Trader Joe's.

Make yourself and your family a Tortilla Española. You will be very pleased with the results.

¡Buen provecho! (Enjoy)

No comments:

Post a Comment