Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's for dinner - KFC and Mom's homemade potato salad

Potato salad a la Marilyn

Dinner with the family tonight was especially delicious. Not because I brought the KFC (lot of effort required on my part-not!), but because my Mom made an amazing potato salad.

She used red potatoes, olives, carrots, celery hearts, flat leaf parsley, chopped green onion (green part only) and the dressing was plain yogurt/mayonnaise/dijon mustard/salt & pepper.

The yogurt gives the dressing a creamy consistency. And it makes the dressing healthier since it is lower in fat than mayo...go Mom! I told her this is the best - bar none - potato salad that she has ever made.

It occurs to me that this dressing would go great on a pasta/veggie salad as well.

So, make this salad, you are really going to love it.

I got a little "to go" portion to take home (see photo).

I'm planning my next meal...!

No comments:

Post a Comment