Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sausage, peppers, onions, potatoes

I went to DeFalco's deli on Scottsdale Road yesterday with my aunt - she wanted to get one of those Molinari salami's that I bought recently that is really, really tasty. I slice it thin and eat it on whole wheat crackers, ideally with some pear, almonds and a glass of syrah.

At DeFalco's I picked up ten hot sausages and cooked at my Mom's. Dining companions included: my brother Mike, my boyfriend Jason and my Mom, a kitchen goddess.

The meal:

Place sausages in deep glass pan (I like pyrex) and poke with a fork.
Cut 5 skinned baking potatoes in quarters
Slice 2 large brown onions
Quarter 4 bell peppers - I used green since they were on sale (2/$1.00) at Fresh & Easy

Coat all ingredients with olive oil - a few tablespoons at least, and bake uncovered at 400 degrees.

I didn't use any salt and pepper on this and didn't miss it since the sausage is so spicy.

We served this with a simple spinach salad that had a red pepper in it and a couple of roma tomatoes. The dressing was olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes.

The bread...I can't forget the bread. We had the most delicious sourdough bread from Bluewater Grille (formerly The Fish Market) on 16th St./Camelback. You can go and buy a loaf of bread, uncooked/smoked fish and they also have sides for sale like rice or potatoes.

So...the moral of this post: make a meal with your family. Enjoy it. Make sure to cook enough so there are leftovers.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment