Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Potstickers and rice

Trader Joe's veggie postickers are amazing.

Trader Joe's is a great source for all things lunch related (and dinner and breakfast related too). Recently I spied a few veg potstickers left in my freezer, these are really easy and economical to make. You pan fry them over medium heat in a tablespoon of olive oil for a few minutes until they are a bit brownish and then add a few teaspoons of water to the pan and steam them, covered, for about 4 minutes over low heat.

I like these over rice (see picture). Today I had white but I prefer their brand of brown basmati rice made with chicken stock. I made a sauce with kung po sauce (in the jar) mixed with peanut butter and soy sauce. It was pretty tasty, albeit a bit too salty.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I had a chamoyada from Oasis Raspados prior to my potstickers, which are filling me quite well.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment