Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

NYPD Pizza, Universal Flowers and Petsmart adoption

contact info for Universal Flowers


If you need flowers, Universal Flowers is the place!


Sweet doggie!



Went to NYPD Pizza with my aunt Char today for lunch. She had mussels in red sauce and I had spaghetti and meatballs. I like the way they make their pasta "al dente." It is never overcooked which can be the case at some places. Their red sauce is tasty and the meatballs are delicious, just firm enough but slice easily with a fork. Their house salad is fresh and delish too, just $1.99 with your meal. It is big and you can get their balsamic dressing that goes nicely with the salad mix, grape tomatoes, croutons and olives. Mmmm. And we had a pleasant red wine, I think it was called Montipolicello or something like that - ask for the $5 red wine and you'll get it.

While we were dining (outside) a sweet girl from Petsmart came and visited with us with a friendly chihuahua that is up for adoption at the PetsMart on 20th Street and Camelback. Isn't this a cute doggie! I really, really wanted to take it home.

After visiting with my aunt, I went over to see Adriana at Universal Flowers. They are in the same strip mall as La Purisima Bakery on 24th & Indian School. She makes boutaniers and wrist corsages, along with other special event stuff like bouquets and large arrangements for weddings and quinceañeras. Her prices are reasonable and she does such pretty work - check out these gerbera daisies. She does a lot of different arrangements for Mother's Day - which will be coming up soon - so give her a jingle or go visit if you need something pretty for your Mom or a loved one on their birthday.

Sorry folks, the picture of my spaghetti and meatballs got deleted from my phone (user error). You'll have to trust me on this one without a photo - go to NYPD Pizza...now! Great food, reasonable prices and excellent service. Their pizza is really tasty, didn't have it this time but the last time my aunt and I went we shared a large pie and had some leftover to take home. It reheats nicely in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Note: their Italian sausage is a great topping.

Mangia, mangia (eat, eat)!

No comments:

Post a Comment