Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's for lunch in Rancho Bernardo - Hunan Chinese Restaurant


Hunan has great lunch specials and gave us sweet oranges at the end of our meal.


Wanda's birthday roses.


Today is Wanda's birthday (my father's ex wife). Dad and I met her for lunch today at Hunan in Rancho Bernardo. He had a noodle soup with extra broccoli and different kinds of meats and seafood which he adds a chili sauce to so it is quite spicy. Wanda had the moo goo gai pan lunch special and she enjoyed it. I had a noodle soup with chicken and vegetables, it was delicious. They serve huge portions so there was a lot to take home, and for $6.50, it was within this kitchen wench's budget.

Afterwards Dad and I headed over to Trader Joe's and picked up some gifties for Wanda. We got a dozen roses ($9.99), a card and 2 bottles of proseco, an Italian sparkling dry wine. I hope she likes it, I'm not sure if she has tried it before.

We didn't have a traditional vase, so we opted for a creativity, using a family piece. It is a little loud, but I think Wanda will appreciate our resourcefulness.

Happy Birthday, Wanda!

Hunan Chinese Restaurant is at 16719 Bernardo Center Dr., Rancho Bernardo.

Happy Lunching.

No comments:

Post a Comment