Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dinner and a movie - with Mom

A juicy watermelon from Sprouts.

My Mom came over for dinner tonight and we watched Garcia Girls together. She really enjoyed it. Elizabeth Peña did such an amazing performance, as did America Ferrara. I'm a big fan of both actresses.

We dined on a tortilla (Spanish omelet) that I made with 5 eggs, 1 large baking potato and olive oil. On the side we had sliced jicama, bell pepper and tomatoes. Mom made her tortilla into a sandwich with a bolillo roll and I had one too, but on the side. She remarked that these rolls (Food City has them 4 or 5 for $1.00 - cheap) would also make good bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches. I had to agree.

She also mentioned that Fry's has Hebrew National hot dogs on sale right now for $2.00. I told her that I have heard they will freeze if you don't use them all and she said she thought that was right. Hmmmm. I think hot dogs are in the kitchen wench's future...

For dessert Mom went to Sprouts and bought a big watermelon that she sliced in two once she got here and gave half to me. We were actually too full to eat any so in the refrigerator it went, waiting for a snacking experience.

Good times. A simple meal, some catch-up conversation. Well overdue.

Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment