Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Traveling with your own food

I'm going to Virginia next month for a week. To keep my system in balance (my foodie weirdness, that is), I'm bringing:

espresso maker or french press (this would be the easier to pack option)
ground coffee (I grind it, of course - Pajaro Coffee from Trader Joe's)
earl grey tea
raw almonds
dried fruit (spicy mango and plums from Trader Joe's)

These things will travel well and should hold me until I can get to a local grocery store and buy fresh produce and other munching items to keep in my hotel room.

I'm interested in learning what kinds of snacks/foods you take with you when you travel. And if you have ever stayed in an extended hotel, what did you cook for yourself?

There is a Joe's Crab Shack nearby, but I can't eat there every night...

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment