Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lamb chops and Greek salad

Greek salad is perfect on a hot summer day.

Juicy lamb chops are a rare treat.

Today for lunch I'm making two lamb chops my aunt gave me recently. She told me to sear them on both sides for 3-4 minutes each and then let them rest in the pan (covered) for 5 minutes off the heat and they will finish cooking.

She also said to sprinkle them beforehand with Italian seasoning, which I do have on hand. If you don't, you can make it yourself with marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, save, oregano and basil. I also added a little salt and pepper.

These browned nicely on each side with a little olive oil. On the side I made a Greek type salad with a half a cucumber, a roma tomato and fresh basil, with a vinaigrette dressing. In the spirit of full disclosure, the basil is frozen but it works just as well.

You can get great fresh basil at Trader Joe's or at Fresh & Easy.

The next time I make lamb chops I'm going to cook them the same way but then plunk them down in some spaghetti sauce and let them cook a few minutes, and serve with spaghetti. Mmmmmm.

Happy lunching.




1 comment: