Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Banana Nut Bread



This is a tasty bread. Make some for yourself tonight.

Tonight I am baking just to be in the kitchen. I didn't have a particular craving but I had bananas on hand and I like the smell of this bread as it is baking. It is very good for breakfast or as a snack with a big latte or earl grey tea and milk.

This recipe comes from the Tara Tucker Book. Tonight I made it with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon since I am out of nuts. Cinnamon always smells good baking.

Here's what you need:
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar (I like Zulka moreno - find it at Food City)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice (I used lime and it has worked well in the past)
1 cup chopped walnuts

Combine butter, sugar and cream. Add eggs and beat. Mix in bananas and then dry ingredients. Bake in a loaf pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. It might need extra time depending on what type of loaf pan you use.

Happy baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment