Farro Salad with Peas, Asparagus, and Feta
This healthful vegetarian dish would be perfect for a picnic. To speed prep time, use trimmed sugar snap peas with the strings removed (find them in the produce section of many supermarkets).
Makes 4 main-course servings
- Active Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups semi-pearled farro
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 8-ounce package sugar snap peas
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 7-ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
Market Tip:Farro is an ancient Tuscan grain with a mellow, nutty flavor. You'll find it in some supermarkets, specialty foods stores, and Italian markets.
- Cook farro in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus and sugar snap peas in another saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Add to farro with tomatoes, onion, and dill. Whisk oil and vinegar in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Add dressing and feta to salad; toss to coat and serve.