Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Do you cook rabbit? News update.

A few posts back, I mentioned cooking rabbit, and that I'm on the lookout for one so my aunt can "cacciatore" it for us to eat. Yes, we are selfish that way.

I was driving to my Mom's yesterday and there is a home in the neighborhood with a lot of rabbits in the backyard. With hutches and everything. I had a brief flashback of the movie The Whererabbit (with Wallace and Gromit), which is one of my favorite movies. Anyways, it occurs to me that these folks may very well sell these rabbits that are hopping lively in their backyard. Of course, they would need to do the butchering as well, since I don't think I have the stomach for it.

I will have to ask my aunt if she still does...if it turns out that they do not butcher.

How does one approach this with a loved one? "Hey, auntie...how do you feel about rabbit fur floating about your kitchen?" (and other things I will not mention here)

No comments:

Post a Comment