Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Comedy with the kitchen wench - baking cookies


The finished product.
These cookies just slide off the parchment paper.
And they smell amazing!!


Don't try this at home, folks!

Tonight I made the carrot cake cookies...without a grater. I did not realize when I started putting the ingredients all together that I no longer have a grater for carrots. I have no idea where it went, I just know it is no longer with me. I tried using my food processor to grate the carrots, but I do not have the aptitude for it.

:)

So, I used what any industrious kitchen wench would use to grate carrots...the grater attachment to the food processor, of course. This did not work well, which amounted to a bit (haha) of frustration on my part and only some of my carrots were grated. The other 1 1/2 carrots are in a bag in my refrigerator waiting to be placed in a salad, perhaps tomorrow. I do not want to look at them now.

Thankfully, the batter came together just fine without all of those carrots. It has many currants and pecans (I used them instead of walnuts because that's what I had) and the cookies are going to be delicious. I say this because the batter contains ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. This spice combination is a winner.

So, for future reference...let's review. Make sure you have something to grate your carrots with before starting the carrot cake cookie recipe. Oh, and also, have a silpat (silicone baking mat). Otherwise you will have to "fight" your parchment paper to get it to the correct size of your baking sheet.

Details, details!

No comments:

Post a Comment