Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Your sweet tooth

Helados Fruit popsicles are delicious and refreshing.
My favorites are jamaica, horchata, fresa and mango. They also have tamarind,
pepino con chile and others.

This post was inspired by an article in the nytimes.com about the high cost of artisan ice cream. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/04/dining/04icecream.html?ref=dining

I'm a big fan of gelato, but I haven't gone to The Gelato Spot in along time, mostly because of the high cost. Mind you, the quality is first rate, but when I go I get a strawberry or coffee gelato shake, and it sets me back about 5 buckaroos.

Instant gratification is a hard thing to get over, but with the current economy, I am getting over it, as it were.

However, I do seem to make room in my budget for a chamoyada from Oasis Raspados about once a week at 4 bucks a pop. It's a meal, really...since it has fruit and peanuts, I guess that's how I justify it.

So... otherwise, how to curb one's sweet tooth? Try:

yogurt with fruit
a frozen snickers bar
prunes
cinnamon toast
Helados Mexico frozen fruit bars (Food City)
canned fruit

What do you enjoy to curb your sweet tooth? The kitchen wench wants to know...




No comments:

Post a Comment