Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Postino on Central

A board of bruschetta at Postino. Yummy.

If you have a few extra buckaroos in your pocket, you must have a dining experience at Postino. There are two locations, one near me on Campbell and 39th St. and one near Jason (my partner in crime for indie movies, dining, swimming and...) on Central Avenue in between Missouri and Camelback roads.

Last night we opted for Postino on Central. As it happened, we had a few extra buckaroos in our pockets. Lately we have been economizing, so when the opportunity for fine, delicious dining at Postino presented itself, we jumped on it.

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it here, but Jason is one of the funniest people I know. And super smart. He is very quick witted with a dry sense of humor. The last time we were at Postino we met someone in the parking lot who was singing JD Hayworth's praises. Jason said to this person, "Yeah, he was a great weatherman."

I digress.

We started with salads. I had a barbara salad which has field greens, beets, dried cherries, candied walnuts, fried leeks and grape tomatoes. I like this with their herb vinaigrette. I also order it with shaved chicken. It comes with a hearty walnut bread (ask for butter). You must try this salad. (Note: if you order this salad at the Central Avenue location, you have to tell them the ingredients because it is a concoction from one of their lovely and frequent patrons at their Campbell location and it isn't in the computer yet).

Jason had a raspberry chicken salad over field greens, and it was very creamy and tasty.

We also shared a board of bruschetta with salami/pesto, prosciutto and brie/apples. I had a glass of fruity tempranillo-garnacha wine from Spain (okay, I had two glasses) and he had a tropical tea that looked very refreshing.

The meal was simply amazing. The quality at Postino is first-rate, so you always know it is consistent and fresh.

To end our evening we opted to visit the Dutch Brothers just down the street at Central and Camelback. Jason had an iced chai and I had an iced latte. Mmmmmm.

Post Dutch Brothers we drove through the nearby Windsor Square neighborhood where I used to live as a girl. I pointed out my old home which he had never seen before. I also pointed out friends houses, my piano teacher and my babysitter's old homes. The neighborhood looks really good and if I had a few extra bucks I would snap up one of those houses. Then we drove through Jason's old neighborhood not far away and he showed me the home where he had lived. It was very pretty, in a great neighborhood near Bethany and 2nd Street. Some of the lots are quite large and the architecture of the homes in the area is stunning.

A tour of our respective pasts was a great way to cap off the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment