Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Oregano chicken

Oregano chicken is tasty and easy to make.

I'm making oregano chicken for lunch today. This is an easy meal my aunt taught me how to make when I was a teen.

Just sprinkle oregano liberally over your chicken. I like the thighs since they are very juicy. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake for 1 hour uncovered. Baste a couple of times throughout the cooking process. You can also add a dash of red wine vinegar at the end of the cooking process, say the last 5 minutes.

You'll notice a deep reddish/purple drink to the left of the chicken. That's jamaica. Hibiscus flower drink. You gotta make this. Super refreshing in the summertime. Get your hibiscus flowers at Food City or a carnicerĂ­a. I put 5 dried flowers to 2 cups of liquid. Some people like sugar in this (most people I should say) but I drink it au natural.

You could say that this kitchen wench is sweet enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment