Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where I'm going to eat when I get to NY


No, I don't have an immediate trip planned to NY, but I have a new reason to go: bocadillos!

Bocadillos are the typical sandwich in Spain, made of french crusty bread filled with anything from chorizo to potato omelet to Iberian hammmmmmmmmmmmm.....

That is one word, right?

http://www.despananyc.com/

In the meantime, since I do not have a befactor (yet) or the funds or the vacation time to go to NY, I'll be having sandwiches here:

Defalco's Italian Deli

http://www.defalcosdeli.com/

They are on Scottsdale Road, between Oak and Thomas, on the West side of the street in a strip mall.

They make italian sandwiches that are really delicious. See picture - I think this one is with sausage and peppers, I saved it from their website. One of my favorites they make is a chicken cutlet that is similar to one made at Tortas Paquime on McDowell and 24th Street. They make a pollo milanesa that is delicious! You gotta go there if you haven't been.

But, I digress. At Defalco's they do a great chicken cutlet sammie on french bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and italian dressing if you like. I also like their prosciutto sandwich, the quality of their sliced meats is superb.

Rumor has it that their sausage recipe came from my grandmother or my great grandmother, according to my aunt. But I have not been able to prove it.

Buon apetito! Mangia, mangia! (eat, eat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment