Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blueberry muffins


I planned to make blueberry muffins this morning before work, since I had some leftover blueberries that I bought recently at Trader Joe's. Btw, they are an excellent source for blueberries, and all things yummy such as olive oil, whole wheat pasta, guindilla peppers, fig bars, etc.

You get a HUGE container of blueberries for $5.99.

You should go get some of these blueberries now...and take some to work for snacking and they are also good for smoothies. Use the rest for - baking!

In this morning's case, I made blueberry bread since I left my muffin tin elsewhere and need to get a new one (some might say that could imply I made breakfast for someone else, left the pan there - and you can read into that what you wish).

I baked the bread at 400 degrees in a rectangular bread pan - like the one you make banana bread in - for 30 minutes.

2 cups flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup milk

1 stick melted butter

1 tsp vanilla

1 ¼ cup blueberries (put these in at last otherwise your dough will be purple!)

Sift dry ingredients together. Beat eggs w/ sugar, add milk, vanilla and melted butter goes in last. Add the dry into the liquid and combine. Fold in blueberries. Use paper liners in your muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12.

You must make these muffins. They are delish! My mom gave me this recipe out of the Fanny Farmer cookbook. I use a little cinnamon on mine put a some "sugar in the raw" on the tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment