Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Pasta salad with red bell peppers and oregano chicken



Food City had red bell peppers on sale last week - 4 / $1.00.

This is a steal!

So, I was inspired to make another pasta salad. It turns out so pretty with the red pepper, and I use fresh basil from Trader Joe's. I freeze it...if you put it in a ziplock bag and take out all the air it won't get freezer burn. The fresh basil adds a dimension of flavor to your pasta salad or tomato sauce that you won't get from dried.

Check out the finished product...so pretty, and so economical.

I also made oregano chicken to go along with this. Just cover your chicken with oregano and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Baste it a couple of times and then at the end (5 minutes left) give it a splash of red wine vinegar.

Except, this time I am out...so I will use a squeeze of lime.

Make these dishes for yourself. You will be so pleased with the results. Homey, yummy food. And, all of this travels well for lunches. You'll be the envy of your co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment