Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The best chamoyada...ever!

Oasis is the place!

A tasty snack

I am what you might call a chamoyada connoisseur. You can probably tell this by the address of my blog…

You might not know what a chamoyada is. Well, it’s a Mexican slurpee, of sorts. Take crushed ice, chamoy, mango pieces, Japanese peanuts, tamarind candy and a squeeze of lime. Put it all together and you’ve got a chamoyada.

My introduction to Oasis Raspados was through a good friend; we went to the location on Central Avenue and I had a banana split. It was so delicious and overflowing with yummy ice cream: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. They put pineapple and chocolate sauce on top and then whipped cream and then rainbow sprinkles. I was in heaven. That day we had gone to Oasis with his nephews, they all had raspados and were happy campers. Then he took me back for my birthday and I had a chamoyada... and it was the best birthday ever.

I’m reminiscing a little today... pardon me, I digress.

Back to the best chamoyada ever. It’s at Oasis Raspados. The 32nd Street location (and McDowell) is closest to me but they also have the one on South Central Ave. and one in Mesa.

The chamoyada I had today had lots of mango pieces and a good sprinkling of tamarind candy (also known as serpentinas) and Japanese peanuts, just the way I like it.

They took a hiatus during the holidays, but now “they’re baaaaack!” Go get yourself a chamoyada, banana split or other tasty treat at Oasis Raspados right now.

Now!

Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment