Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Michelada a la kitchen wench and penne pasta salad

Penne pasta salad with lots of veggies and
a michelada. The perfect light Saturday dinner.

These ingredients will make you a great michelada.
Make one for yourself today!
(or a pitcher to share)

The kitchen wench has been working her tail off lately so she (I) deserves a michelada tonight. I picked up some Kern's clam and tomato juice today at Food City (3 cans for $1!) and I mixed a half a can with one bottle of Fat Tire, some lemon squeezes and added a celery stick for good measure. First though, I rimmed the glass with lemon and dipped it in aleppo chile salt, courtesy of Didi Davis Food. It was in my Foodzie tasting box this month, and I immediately knew that meant I was to have a michelada, very soon.

Typically I would make micheladas with a milder beer like Tecate, but the kitchen wench had only Fat Tire (fancy beer). It still tastes great.

I'm enjoying my michelada with a pasta salad that I made for tomorrow's soiree at my Mom's. She's cooking a turkey and making rolls; my aunt is bringing wine and I am in charge of pasta salad and sour cream blueberry cake. It will be a great dinner, as always. My family are foodies, after all...it's in the genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment