Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Luke's, homemade pizza, ballgame @ Camelback Ranch


Thanks to my bro and Mum for saving me some. This is so good!


The view from a suite (la dee dah) at Camelback Ranch ballpark.


One of my chamber buds, Cesar, who was having
a great time at the game with his family.

My brother turned thirty (something) this week and proclaimed we should go to Luke's for lunch. Who was I to argue? We hadn't been in awhile and it is close to us both. Oh yeah...they also have great hot dogs and Italian beef sammies. Mike also had the onion rings which he enjoyed a lot. He opted for the sweet peppers on his sammie and said next time he would probably get the hot version. I was happy with my kosher hot dog with sport peppers and all of the fixins.

Yesterday I went to the ballgame courtesy of my friends at the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Awesome seats! I'd never been to Camelback Ranch ballpark before, it is huge, well-organized and also sports lots of good eats. I saved what was in my wallet yesterday, however...because my Mum had made pizza the day before and I was promised a few slices, which I grabbed after the game. She makes a great pie, the crust is sort of focaccia like and she uses a homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, olive oil, peppers, pepperoni, onions and olives. It is best reheated in a 350 degree oven (preheated) for 12 minutes. Folks, don't take the easy way out and microwave your pizza. Keep a crispy crust by using the oven. I had two pieces with a glass of Kalleske granache (thanks neighbor). It was delicious, as always.

The game was quite fun. One of my chamber buds met Tommy Lasorda and the guy was nice enough to take a picture with him and his family. That is what I call a neat baseball story. He was grinning like a 5 year old (you know who you are so I won't mention your name Cesar). Oops! For the love of the game.

:)

http://www.lukesofchicago.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment