Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Marionberry jam and where to get your holiday gift baskets


Here is a picture of one of the holiday baskets from Baseline Flower Growers.

Marionberry jam - from Washington - is great on toast.

My cousin Deenah shipped my Mom some marionberry jam from Washington state, in the spirit of Christmas. She also sent Sweets brand orange and raspberry sticks covered with milk chocolate. My Mom shared some of spoils with me last night.

Thanks cousin!

I tried the marionberry jam today on toast and it is so delicious. Very fruity with just the right amount of sweetness.

I'm not sure if we can get this locally. But, in the spirit of staying local, I'm going to recommend an Arizona business that makes (and delivers) great gift baskets, since Christmas is right around the corner and you may be thinking, what am I going to get my boss, my auntie, my etc.

Baseline Flower Growers sent baskets (on behalf of a satisfied client) to my former employer and I remember receiving parts of one that included fruit, little jams/jellies, chocolates and fancy chips/pretzels. I remember it clearly because the basket was an intricate weave and was perfectly wrapped in cellophane and tied with raffia. Such a pretty presentation. After that I sent one to a friend on a special occasion and now I don't remember what that occasion was.

The kitchen wench has early alzheimers!

Just joking, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment