Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

"Christmassy" sour cream coffee cake

The kitchen wench celebrates Christmas with a latte and a little murano glass tree.
Festive and low maintenance.

Sour cream coffee cake is great for breakfast and sharing
at holiday meals.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Yesterday my family spent part of the day at my aunt's. She made chicken cacciatore and perciatelli (a tube spaghetti) with an endive/romaine/orange salad. We had plenty of wine and my kolachke cookies for dessert.

Today everyone is coming over to the kitchen wench's pad for ham, rye bread and a relish tray. My Mom promised to make deviled eggs and a potato salad so we will have a delicious and casual Christmas lunch.

I'm in charge of dessert, which seems to be a consistent theme lately. Some would say that I am very sweet (haha). Sour cream coffee cake is a crowd pleaser so I made one last night that we can munch on today.

The nuts and the cinnamon make it a special cake. It is "Christmassy," in my opinion.

Sour cream coffee cake



1 cup butter (soften in micro for 30 sec)
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar (I like Zulka azucar moreno at Food City)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups flour, unsifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt

Beat butter and sugar together. Add eggs and beat. Add sour cream and vanilla and beat again. Add dry ingredients and beat. Turn out 1/2 mixture into a buttered bundt pan (I just use the leftover butter on the wrapper when I take it out of the micro) and add your filling.
You can use preserves, brown sugar, chocolate chips and nuts (coconut works nice too).
The top with the rest of the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment