Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yummy croissants


AJ's Fine Foods is the place to go if you want a tasty croissant. I went over there this morning and picked up a chocolate one, it was delicious. The chocolate is almost a little gritty in texture and it occurs to me it would work well as an empanada filling.

I will have to tell the nice folks at La Purisima bakery about this idea. They have great Mexican pastries, burritos, tamales and there is a little area where you can sit and enjoy your goodies.

This morning I was walking along 36th St. near Campbell when a sweet older fluffy yellow labrador doggie came up to me and he was very excited. It was clear he wanted to show me something, so obediently, I followed. We walked down his neighborhood street (presumably) where he picked up a dead bird and shuffled off to the front yard of his home and began to eat it, with gusto.

I enjoyed my chocolate croissant this morning with the same enthusiasm.

La Purisima Bakery 2318 East Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6260
(602) 840-4725

No comments:

Post a Comment