Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lunch at The Daily News Cafe and Carlsbad beach


The kitchen wench (right) and sister Fran at Carlsbad beach.


Dad and Fran.


Yummy pastries and muffins greet you at The Daily News Cafe.


We are lookers!


Dad is laughing about something in this picture. Maybe it was about a joke that he told?

Fran, my Dad and I had lunch today at The Daily News Cafe. It's close to Carlsbad beach (across the street) and they have yummy sandwiches, salads and breakfast.

I had a french dip with a side of pasta salad that was very tasty and Fran had a chicken sandwich with bacon. The bacon looked very crispy and I was tempted to steal a slice when she wasn't looking. Dad had cinnamon french toast that in retrospect maybe I should have ordered since it comes with an enormous side of fresh fruit like strawberries, bananas and melon.

We sat outside which was lovely, and a friendly patron took our picture together. I think we make quite a group.

Afterwards we strolled on the beach and the weather was very warm. The ocean was quite chilly which helped and I wished we had brought our frisbee and maybe our bathing suits too!

The Daily News Cafe 3001-A Carlsbad Blvd. Carlsbad, CA. 92008
760-729-1023

No comments:

Post a Comment