Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Oregano chicken and sweet potato "fries"


These sweet potato fries are to die for.

Just slice your sweet potato in "rounds" and place on a cookie sheet with tin foil.
Don't forget the olive oil!


The oregano chicken was nice and browned tonight.

Such a simple dish to put together.
Just place in your pan with Italian spices.

Oregano chicken is a familiar dinner or lunch on my table, I make it at least once a week. Just sprinkle Italian seasoning on your chicken and bake it at 400 degrees for 1 hour. I baste it three times during the cooking process. Today I gave it an extra 10 minutes because it was just a tiny bit frozen when I put it in the oven.

The sweet potato fries are so delicious! They get nicely carmelized in the same 400 degree oven, I bake them for 20 minutes and turn them for another 5 minutes. I sprinkled Italian seasoning on these too and coated them liberally with olive oil before baking. Then when they came out I hit them with a little kosher salt. These remind me of bar food, without the frying. No guilt!


Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment