Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pizza invite



I got a text from my brother today saying that him and my Mom were making pizza, and did I want to come over. Did I!

When I arrived they had everything prepped; the dough was rising in the oven, already stretched out in the pans and all of the veggies had been cut. My brother prepared the pies and then my Mom baked them in a 450 degree oven for what seemed like 20-25 minutes. She switched the pies during cooking time to get them to an even brownness.

They made the sauce from scratch and it had just the right amount of Italian spices and chopped garlic. The dough recipe is from the Fanny Farmer cookbook for French bread. Our pies had pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, green bell pepper, black olives, white onion and sprinkle cheese on top.

A major feast and a welcome invite! Make some today for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment