Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Women's Financial Group - Wine Women & Worth

Annie Groth, author and motivational speaker shared
motivational tips to WFG last night. She has participated
in triathalons and is getting ready to bicycle from San Fran
to Los Angeles. Really!

If you look closely you will see the flower arrangements
on the tables included peeps. How cute is that?

The kitchen wench has been attending WFG meetings for the past year or so. I really like the format. Typically there is networking for the first half hour, then a motivational speaker comes on (and sometimes has a book for sale) and finally there is more time for networking (and eating).

One of my clients usually attends and introduces me around. Lately I have been inviting new people to the group and introducing them around as well. I figure, we all need to help each other out these days. Last night I was speaking to Stella from Uruguay and another nice realtor (who works for the competition) and they were talking about fees and how much it can cost to hang your 'shingle' at an office in that line of work. I had no idea. The kitchen wench likes to learn, and is humbled by this new information.

National Bank of AZ sponsors this group. They don't self-promote too much, so you don't feel like you have to be a customer at the bank to attend the meetings. I like that. They also really create a forum that is conducive to networking, there are lots of tables where you stand and munch on yummy eats (courtesy of WFG) like cut veggies, chocolate almonds, chicken salad croissant sandwiches and mini cupcakes. I know! And you get to choose from a selection of wines with your meal. The kitchen wench appreciates that. I mean, specifically for the medicinal qualities. Anti-oxidants and all (riiiiight!).

Our speaker last night was Annie Groth, she wrote "A Call to Action, What's Yours" and I took copious notes. Now I just need to parlay them into my actual life.

The decorations last night were so cute, they were done in an Easter theme, so there were peeps, jelly beans and blue M&M's. We were also given a small bag at meetings end to "fill up" and take home. I brought my sweet booty to my brother last night, whose eyes lit up and was pleased to get some Easter treats. Since WFG always gives a gift bag at the end of the meeting, I was able to give my Mom a pretty "see through" pink jewelery bag that was filled with gum (she's an ex smoker so she chews a lot), chapstick and a dark chocolate.

I'm keeping the card holder they gave away last night. Needed one. Thanks, WFG!

No comments:

Post a Comment