Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

French toast with apples and cranberries

What's for breakfast.

This is just a slight variation from a former post of french toast with apples. I cut up two apples (any kind will work), threw in a handful of dried cranberries and nuked it covered for 2 1/2 minutes. This is a great topper for french toast or pancakes. Or...waffles.

I might have to get a waffle iron soon. Rachael Ray has been making waffles lately in all forms. Sweet, savory (with bacon inside) and focaccia-style. OMG. Or, I could just take the lazy way out and go to Lolo's chicken & waffles or Overeasy. Ha.

I digress...On the cranberry bag there are many recipes - one I spotted is for white chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal and cranberries. A visitor is coming next week that I want to impress, and I've been told that serving something sweet and savory can soften a person. Anyways, I'm going to make these soon and post the picture/recipe so you can make them for yourself. Also I was just viewing Ocean Spray's website and they have recipes that use cranberries...you might want to check out, just click here. http://oceanspray.com/

This french toast recipe is the simplest (and perhaps laziest) one I know. I just cracked an egg in a bowl and sliced off 4 pieces from the demi baguette I was eating last night. Then I put two pinches of sugar in with the egg and dipped the bread in, without mixing it. Cook this in a medium high pan with butter - none of the fake stuff - and it will get nice and brown on both sides.

Lately I've been thinking about certain things in life - stresses and whatnot. I was talking to my Mom last night and she said, "You know Gwynne, in life we zig and zag, that's what we have to do to survive." I guess she's true. Moms always know stuff like this.

Happy breakfasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment