Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lunch Line documentary and chipotle chicken

Chipotle chicken will take care of that craving
you have for hot wings.

Slow Food Phoenix, Whole Foods and Radio Phoenix.org
sponsored the screening of Lunch Line tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCqKXcz76k I'm posting a link to the trailer for Lunch Line, a documentary about the national school lunch program.

I was able to see a screening of it tonight... and wow, there was a lot I didn't know. Apparently schools have about $1 to spend on school lunches and the food they get is subsidized by the USDA (US Dept of Agriculture).

Did you know that Catsup used to be considered a vegetable, according to the USDA lunch standards?

Thankfully this is no longer the case.

I highly recommend you go and see this film.

In the meantime I'm going to recommend a new chicken recipe for you. It is simple: procure 2 chicken thighs (or 4 if you want to feed 2 people), cover with chipotle en adobo (this comes in a can, you can get it in the ethnic section of the supermarket) and bake uncovered at 405 degrees for 1 hour. Baste your chicken at least twice during the cooking process.

I'm making this tonight because I was hungry for something spicy and I wasn't willing to spring $7.99 for a dozen hot wings. I'll be making some carrot sticks as well. This would (will) go well with a Fat Tire, which I earned today. I worked my tail off.

Happy slow cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment