Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Do nothing else today - make horchata cupckes

Oh my goodness gravy. These only need a
drizzle of frosting since they are sweet and moist
to begin with.

The finished cupcake. You must make these.

The batter smells yummy (cinnamony)
and almost good enough to eat raw.

This recipe comes from http://justjennrecipes.com/ and I am so pleased with the finished product. The cakes are light, cinnamony, moist and highly addictive. Thanks Michelle for turning me onto Jenn's blog!

You can see I'm eating one of these morsels before they are even frosted.

21 cupcakes = 2 happy family members plus me. My Mom and brother are going to dig on these.

Make some for yourself and your family. A great use for leftover horchata from Julioberto's.

3/4 c butter
1 1/2 cup sugar (I reduced this from Jenn's version of 1 3/4)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups regular flour (I reduced this from Jenn's version of 2 1/4 cups cake flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup horchata

I cheated and melted the butter a bit in the micro, since I keep it frozen to stay fresh. Then you add the sugar and blend, then the eggs (one at a time) and finally the vanilla. Then you can alternate your dry ingredients and horchata until all is blended.

These bake in cupcake liners at 350 degrees for 19 minutes (that's what mine needed vs. Jenn's recipe that said 14-16 minutes).

Maybe I need to check my oven temp...?

I'm just going to wing the frosting with a bit of butter, horchata and confectioners sugar. Who would complain at that?

It occurs to me that these would be nice for a brunch with some fruit, and mimosas. Maybe a tortilla española on the side. Mmmmm.

Happy baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment