Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jean Reno, steak salad and a beer

Yummy steak salad (pre slicing).

Jean Reno (left) is easy on the eyes.

Tonight over dinner I'm watching the movie Wasabi with Jean Reno. Does anyone else out there think he's hot? I fell in love with him for the first time when I saw The Professional. Talk about a spicy man!

I digress. I had some skirt steak so I decided to make a steak salad for dinner. I used green leaf lettuce, 1/2 of a large tomato, the rest of my candied pecans (need to go to Trader Joe's and get some more) and a handful of dried cranberries. Put a lot of fresh cracked pepper on this salad and cook your steak for just a short time so it is still pink in the middle. Let is rest a few minutes before you slice it so the juices stay inside.

I had this with the same vinaigrette I used for winter salad posted recently. Olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and a squeeze of dijon mustard.

A tasty salad and a beer with Jean Reno. Life could be worse!

If you like skirt steak, you should head over to the Herb Box (2 locations in Scottsdale) and get the steak sandwich on ciabatta bread with carmelized onions. It is so delicious and I had a business meeting yesterday and was the happy recipient of a free (and tasty) lunch at Herb Box on 69th St./Shea.

They are opening another location soon. They also cater, if you or someone you know needs yummy eats at a party but doesn't have the time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment