Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vitamin T - Tortas Tacos Tequila

I've been invited to Vitamin T for dinner after an afternoon networking meeting this coming Friday. I'm very excited because the owner/chef is Aaron May of Overeasy near me (great blueberry pancakes) and also chef of Iruña in Scottsdale. I haven't been to Iruña, but it has a good reputation and that doesn't surprise me since May used to chef/own Sol y Sombra in north Scottsdale.

Sol y Sombra was really cool. There was an outside patio with comfy neon green couches. The inside was kind of dark and you would always see "beautiful people" there. Anyways, he closed up this shop and opened Iruña. Word has it that they have a lot of the same menu items like pollo colonial and tortilla española. Sounds good to me. I've got to go there soon.

In the meantime, I'll be trying Vitamin T. I'm looking at the menu tonight (planning my next meal) and I'm pleased that they have tortas de pollo milanesa. This is a breaded chicken sandwich and I've become quite fond of the version made by Tortas Paquime on McDowell and 24th Street. We'll see how Chef May's version measures up. His reputation says that it will be a great torta.

I noticed also on the menu that he has different tequilas and Dos Equis (XX) on tap, which makes me very happy. I'll let you know how dinner goes!

http://eatmoretacos.com/menu.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment